Monday, November 13, 2006

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction, But Not As Strange As Lies (Or As True)

You can lecture me to your heart's content about the injustices I may impose on a bar by adding "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Right Now" to the jukebox queue, but there's never been a time in my life I've wanted to start an unruly bar brawl more than tonight when a drunk girl and her intoxicated boyfriend found the skip button behind the jukebox to jump over the Smiths, Elvis Costello and INXS selections (it was the best they had) to play "Love Song." Like the bartenders hadn't already endured that song eight times tonight (and probably have eight more time since I left).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you can't play "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" in a bar, where can you play it?! It certainly wouldn't work at a Waffle House. Who knows, tens of sad, drunk men may have discovered the Smiths that night.