Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lofty Dreams

I've never been one for remembering my dreams. On the off chance that I do, they frequently coincide with my astrological sign (Virgo), which, as best I can tell, dictates that I should lead my life like a housewife... not that I wouldn't be a great housewife. I'm usually either washing dishes or picking up buckets of chicken from KFC without any real incident or excitement. I think in one particularly racy dream, I bought printer cartridges while wearing cutoff shorts.

Maybe my mood is changing, but I recently had what I consider to be a tremendously action-packed dream, even if I can sum it up in about two sentences. The Washington Redskins had somewhat of a disastrous season this year, finishing 5-11 and missing the playoffs for the 12th time in the last 14 years. My dream begins on the last day of the season - the Redskins are going into their final game of the season against the New York Giants and, from what I can tell, it's a big game. The details on the game are a bit fuzzy - I was probably over at CVS picking up Dixie Cups or something - but as the Redskins mount their final drive down by two points, I find myself warming up on the sidelines for a potential walk-off field goal. Not surprisingly, the Skins march down the field into the 40-yard territory, and I come on the field. Of course, I miss... but some sort of strange penalty that seemed more like the officials partaking in a filibuster led to me getting a second opportunity. I split the uprights and the Redskins go on to win.

They finish the season 6-10 and get the 12th pick in the draft.

Hopefully my next pro sports dream involves a team over .500.

No comments: