Thursday, January 18, 2007

MVP

When Michael Redd, who just so happens to be the new most underrated player in the NBA (now that Gilbert Arenas has officially taken over the world), can't do anything but smile when Gilbert sinks a 35-foot game-winner against his team, you know there's something special brewing. I haven't been this excited about pro-basketball, well, ever.

Admittedly, there was a brief moment of excitement about 8 months ago during the 2006 playoffs, when Gilbert (I can address him by his first name because I suffered through literally a lifetime of terrible DC basketball) drained a 40-footer to force overtime against the Cavs, only to have my entire month ruined by Lebron James' 3rd buzzer beater in four games. That's so incredibly not happening this year, even if me writing about it on the internet could potentially jinx it.

No comments: